Crowded countertops, overstuffed vanity drawers, and a beauty routine that is absolutely fatigued from too many choices…if this is you, read on.
If the recent pandemic has taught us anything it is how much we are actually able to live without. Every day, we are inundated with ads and products promising to make us better, happier, prettier, healthier…the list goes on. However, the reality is, (especially when speaking about our beauty routines) we actually need very little in order to properly care and nurture ourselves.
At Míage, we are all about embracing the present moment. Part of that means embracing yourself exactly as you are right now. It’s easy to think you need more, but the truth is, everything you need is already within you. Simplifying your beauty routine to include only the products and/or rituals that truly spark joy for you is a great way for you to bring the practice of presence and mindfulness into your beauty routine.
Here is our 10-step program for simplifying your beauty routine:
- Remove and/or gift any expired or “forgotten” products you haven’t used in the last year.
- Put any products you are “undecided” about in a box or basket out of site. If you don’t have the urge to reach for them in the next three months, gift them to a friend who may actually use them.
- Try to limit yourself to one product per need. For instance, one eye cream, one face wash, one lip treatment, etc.
- Use up what you have (and love) before buying anything new.
- Be mindful in your application of the product or treatment. If you aren’t enjoying the process of using the product or treatment, do away with it.
- Ask yourself, “is this product or treatment empowering me?” If the products or treatments you are using are making you feel like you need to change or be anything other than who you are right now, consider saying goodbye.
- When introducing new products into your routine, look for ones that are multi-use and high-quality. Check out our dual-action conditioning lip gloss/overnight lip mask.
- Live in an area with big seasonal weather changes? Focus on a capsule beauty routine that addresses certain seasons and weather patterns.
- Stop the urge to impulse buy. Before you purchase anything new, ask yourself:
- Do I really need this?
- Do I already have something like this?
- Am I buying this because I feel “less than?”
- Use overnight products that will help you cut down on the time and effort you spend getting ready.